8 Tips to Market Your E-Commerce Site Online
The business of an e-commerce site is a task in and of itself. You’ve decided on your target market, picked a platform to launch your site on, hired a great web developer, and now you’re ready to give it all you’ve got.
Here are 8 tips (if you are stuck for ideas) on how to market your e-commerce site:
1. Trade mentions and tweets with other companies and thought leaders. Companies with a similar number of followers will be more willing to cross promote.
2. Share your startup on Betalist.com.
3. Write a post called “Our competitor vs Our Company” – This will attract search engine traffic looking for reviews of your competitor.
4. Respond to unanswered questions in your niche on Quora. Look for questions with a lot of people waiting for an answer.
5. Share your website on Startupli.st or Erlibird.com.
6. Submit a free press release using a service like PRlog.org.
7. Sign up for a service like Mention.com, respond to anyone that mentions your brand, one of your competitors, or asks a question about your space.
8. Launch a topic at Scoop.it and post your website into your topic page.
Bonus tip: READ and WRITE guest posts on blogs similar to your target market.
For more tips see our full post for RED Brand Media here.